JoKaVerse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JCKane
JCKane
Admin
https://jokaverse.forumotion.com

Maya Unplugged Empty Maya Unplugged

Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:56 pm
Note: this was the scene I wrote for Mizore's RP.  Since I don't have the entire RP.. I'm just going to post this here.

It was early in the morning when Mizore found herself in the hospital again.  The previous night she had a nightmare revolved around the voices that continuously plagued her in the waking hour.  After awaking from her nightmare, Mizore decided that she didn't want to be alone that day, even if the person she was going to go see wasn't exactly conscious.

Truth was, it really had been awhile since Mizore went to visit Maya.  Yet, she knew that she wasn't the only one who hadn't visited Maya in some time.  While she had her own reasons, she had a suspicion that the others in Maya's life had simply given up on her.  Just last month Maya was showing signs of improvement, but then nothing happened.  She just slipped right back to where she had been and the doctors had even given up hope of Maya's recovery. Thankfully, Mizore didn't need to worry about Maya's mother giving up. Despite the relationship the two had, which Mizore only partially understood, Kristy was stubborn when it came to her family and there was no way she’d let Maya go.

That's when Mizore came up to Maya's room.  As she grew closer, the door opened as two men came out of the room while wheeling a machine out with them.  The two men were clearly hospital staff, but what was that machine that they were removing from the room?  Then it dawned on her... That was the machine that was keeping Maya alive.  Did this mean... An excitement and happiness wield up inside of Mizore as she quickly walked past the two men and straight into the room. A wide smile on her face as she shouted.

Mizore: Maya!

Her face dropped.  Instead of being met with a Maya who was up right and conscious, she found Maya still laying down in the bed that she had been in the past few months, still unconscious.  Another nurse was in there as she seemed to be doing the finishing touches of removing the equipment from Maya. The only thing she left was the heart monitor.

Evil Mizore: Their Unplugging her!

The cruel yet happy tone came from the mirror right above Maya's bed. Mizore didn't even bother looking. What if she was right?  Then another voice came from the same location.

Nice Mizore: Maybe she's just asleep?  Her mother wouldn't pull the plug on her.

Mizore again didn't look up.  Her heart was shaking as she had no idea what was going on.  That was when the Nurse looked up and spotted Mizore.  She had a somber look written on her face.

Nurse: Oh, Mizore... came to say your goodbyes?

Mizore's heart burst... She couldn't believe it.  No... there had to be some kind of mistake.  Mizore glared at the nurse tears already starting to well up.

Mizore: What's going on?  Why are you...

The nurse's frown deepened.

Nurse: Oh... I'm so sorry.  But Kristy sent in the paper work to have Maya unplugged about an hour ago... I thought you knew.

Evil Mizore: Finally, someone does something right.

Mizore's mind was swarming with emotions.  Anger at Kristy for doing such a thing yet grief, as this would be the final time she'd be able to see the one she loved most in the world.  But it was the anger  that was giving way.

Mizore: Kristy!?!  Who does she think she IS?!  She... She can't unplug her?  She... Can't!

Mizore was raving right now as she looked over the bed, her mind was telling her that maybe she could just plug her back in... it wouldn't be that hard right?  She could just pay for any expenses it would require. Herself… Pick up another job if she had too.  The nurse frowns as she crosses over.

Nurse: I'm sorry, Mizore.

Mizore suddenly shot up with a cold stare at the nurse.

Mizore: Plug her back in!

She said with malicious force causing the nurse to take a step back out of fright.

Nurse: I-I'm sorry... But Kristy has the right... she's got power of attorney over...

Mizore: PLUG HER BACK IN!

Mizore snapped again taking a step towards the nurse ready to strike.  But the nurse quickly ducked out of the room shutting the door behind her quickly.  Mizore's instincts told her to give chase... to beat that nurse down until she finally gave in.

Nice Mizore: Mizore... that won't change anything.

Mizore's anger slowly subsides as she slowly turned around looking not up at the reflection in the mirror but at Maya, laying in the bed.  This was it... she was really going to lose her.  Unless...

Mizore: Maya... baby...

Mizore slowly walked towards Maya.  Tears flowing down her face but she made no effort in wiping them away.

Mizore: You need to wake up now.

Her voice was soft and gentle, yet inside she was torn.  There was only one way to save Maya now... she had to wake up.  Mizore crossed the room as she knelt down next to Maya.  Reaching out as she stroked Maya's face, perhaps for the last time.  No, she couldn't think like that.

Mizore: Baby... please.  You need to get up.  If you don't...

Mizore trailed off as her emotions were rising up.

Evil Mizore: Just let her die...

Mizore: SHUT UP!

Mizore snapped again as she glared up at her reflection but this time... the malicious Mizore wasn't looking back at her.  Just her own reflection, red eyed with tears flowing freely.   Mizore looked back down as she took Maya's hand into her own.

Mizore: Baby... I need you to wake up... ok?  Please...

Mizore leaned over and gently kissed Maya on the head, almost to cement her plea with a kiss.  But still Maya lay.  Mizore looks down at Maya as the weight of what was happening was beginning to come down on her.

Mizore: Maya... Please... wake up!  I need you!

Mizore's emotions finally began to overwhelm her as she cried out.  The emotional gate opened as she just collapsed onto her love as she buried her face in her free arm beginning to cry profusely.

Mizore: I can't lose you... Maya, I love you... don't leave me...

But the words fell on deaf ears, as Mizore just continued to cry uncontrollably.  She felt so powerless as there was nothing she could do to prevent the inevitable.  She was going to lose her beloved. Mizore pulled Maya's hand closer towards herself.  She didn't want to let go.  She wanted to hold on to her forever.  Her grip tightened as she gave it a light kiss.  Perhaps the final time she'd be able to do that... then the fingers moved.

Mizore's eyes opened as she felt Maya's hand twitching.  She looked at it with her tear-soaked eyes.  Did she really feel her hand move?  Or was gravity playing a cruel joke on her.

Mizore: ...Maya?

But the hand didn't move again.  Seems she just imagined it after all.  Why was she being punished with such false hope?

Mizore: Oh Maya!

Mizore began to sob again as she pulled the hand closer to her face, holding it close.  She just wanted her back.  Her mind clouded with turmoil that she didn't even notice the strange sound at first.  When she did, she stopped.  Her eyes opening as she looked over... seeing as Maya's head was slowly shifting back and forth.  Was she?

Mizore: Maya?

Maya's head rested in a single place and Mizore watched with baited breath.  Then... Maya's eyes slowly opened, before squinting slightly from the light.  Mizore's eyes began to tear up again, but this time with joy as Maya began to look around, with confusion written on her face.  Mizore's joy over took her squealing in delight as she hugged Maya tightly.

Mizore: You're up!  I can't believe that you're finally up!

Mizore couldn't be happier at that very moment as the love of her life was finally awake.  Yet, she didn't notice when Maya didn't return her hug.  Then again, she just woke up.  Mizore finally pulled back as she smiled lovingly at Maya. Maya looked back with a strange look on her face that didn't register properly in Mizore's mind.  It was just her waking up after all.  But Mizore didn't want to wait any longer as she leaned in planting a kiss on Maya's lips.

Or that's what she tried to do but she was suddenly shoved back before their lips even connected.  Mizore looks back to Maya, shocked and a bit hurt, but she shook it off.  Maya probably needed a moment to realize what was happening.  Yet, the look on Maya's face was going from appalled, to hurt... straight into anger.

Maya: What's going on here?

The annoyance yet hurtful voice resonated in Mizore's ears.  Why was Maya acting this way?

Mizore: Maya... Baby?  Relax, you've been in a coma for...

Maya: Coma?  Is this some kind of joke?  Seriously who are you?

Maya's ton was harsh.  There was something wrong and Mizore didn't understand.

Mizore: It's me... Mizore.  Your girlfriend.

This only increases Maya's anger as her eyes narrowed.  She crossed her arms across her chest to signify that she did not think this was funny.

Maya: That's impossible.  The Mizore I knew is dead.

Mizore's heart nearly broke right there.  What was she talking about?  Yet, with the look on Maya's face and the tone in her voice, it was clear to Mizore that Maya was absolutely serious.  Mizore wanted to say something, but that's when the door to the room opened up, two from the hospital security came into the room, along with the nurse from earlier.

Nurse: That's her.

The nurse pointed to Mizore who felt like a deer trapped in headlights.  Things were moving a little fast for her as the two large men walked up to her.

Guard 1: We're going to have to ask you to leave, Miss.

Mizore: But, I...

Guard 2: Don't make us ask again.

Mizore didn't want to go. She needed to know what was going on with Maya.  But the guards didn't wait another moment as they each grabbed one of her shoulders and yanked her up.  Mizore's anger was beginning to flare up as she brushed the guard’s arm's off of her.

Evil Mizore: Yes... do it.

Mizore caught her reflection, urging her to give into her anger right then and there.  But then she caught sight of Maya, and that look.  Mizore's heart trembled but she finally turned around and walked out the door.  The guards making sure she left the premise as the Nurse started to attend to Maya.

End scene
JCKane
JCKane
Admin
https://jokaverse.forumotion.com

Maya Unplugged Empty Re: Maya Unplugged

Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:56 pm
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum