JoKaVerse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JCKane
JCKane
Admin
https://jokaverse.forumotion.com

Thunder Dragon Vs Harry Hampton Empty Thunder Dragon Vs Harry Hampton

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:47 pm

The sounds of light grunts could be heard in the old worn-down gym.  The sounds coming in the center of the wrestling ring where we see one Justin Kane, aka Thunder Dragon, wearing a pair of jeans and wrestling boots.  His bare chest glistening as it was covered in sweat as he had been working out for a good while now.  Going over various exercises and working to perfect his wrestling moves.  For now, he was doing some sit-ups right there in the middle of the mat as his trainer held his feet for him.

Now, his trainer was a young black woman, around 18 yet you could tell she's had some mileage on her as her stare looked quiet intimidating. She went by the name Sentry and that was all that was known about that as she hadn't given up her real name to either Justin or Jessica.  Speaking of Jessica, she was in the gym, doing some light cleaning in the place.  Mostly dusting and sweeping as the place could really use it.  But it felt as though her efforts were for naught as it would take a while for her to get the place fully clean, especially at the rate she was going.  But every little bit helped and it was nice to be able to move around the place without kicking up a dust cloud.

So that's how things were as Justin continued working on his sit-ups in preparation for his upcoming match.  He was becoming a bit antsy as he waited for the next round of the tournament.  He even considered asking for a match outside of it but Jessica was against the idea.  It was a bit shocking for him to hear, after all he knew Jessica enjoyed watching him wrestle as she started out as one of his biggest fans.  When asked about it, Jessica merely commentated that he shouldn't show off too much of his skills so his opponents wouldn't know what to expect.  Justin believed that wasn't the real reason Jessica only wanted him to do Tournament matches for now but he elected oblige nonetheless.

Of course, thinking of that he couldn't help but think that wouldn't work for everyone.  Especially, one in particular whom he had dealt with in the past.  Which only caused a memory to come to mind.

It was now several months ago as Justin found himself in the very same gym as before. However, the gym was in better shape, well, at least it wasn't covered in dust and cobwebs.  Inside the ring was where Justin was but this time he was grappling with his previous Trainer, Kaylie Steel.  Of course, the two had been going at it for a while now as Kaylie shifted her weight and used her momentum to bring the hold under her control.  Justin tried to reverse it but he was growing tired and he wasn't in the best of shape despite training as much as he could since his time away from wrestling.  The fact they had been going for a while didn't help it either.

-Kaylie Steel-
"Come on Justin.  Take back the hold."

Kaylie was sounding both stern yet encouraging at the same time.  Justin fought it yet he was just too worn out.

-Justin Kane-
"I... can't."

Justin tried again but his strength was giving out.  Kaylie gave a slight sigh before finally releasing the hold causing Justin to slump to the mat.  Justin just sat there taking deep breathes as he worked to regain his energy.  Meanwhile, Kaylie looked at him with some concern before heading over to grab Justin's towel.  It was at that point that Justin spoke up.

-Justin Kane-
"This... is hopeless..."

Kaylie picked up Thunder's towel before she began to walk back over.

-Kaylie Steel-
"It's not hopeless.  You'll be back in shape before you know it."

Kaylie handed Justin the towel.  Justin took it as he used it to wipe the sweat off his face.

-Justin Kane-
"But is there even enough time?  Winter Survival's not that far off.  And you seen my performance in CWF's Battle Royal..."

Kaylie gave a nod.

-Kaylie Steel-
"It wasn't the greatest.  Not a single elimination.  But you did last longer than a few others in the match."

Justin shakes his head a bit.

-Justin Kane-
"Only because I was more reacting than actually trying."

-Kaylie Steel-
"Fair enough.  But you also were doing most of your training by yourself then and tell me, how often did you even train after signing up for that match?"

Justin gave a slight sheepish look.  He didn't really train too often as he always had an excuse to put it off.  It was thanks to Kaylie that he was getting more training now as she could be quite persuasive.  Of course, Kaylie knew what was going through Justin's mind as she nods.

-Kaylie Steel-
"Exactly.  This time, we are going to make sure you can go the distance.  You'll be walking out of that pay-per-view as the Sole Survivor, then heading on to the next to win the High Stakes Wrestling Championship."

Justin's mood turned south slightly as he looked away from Kaylie, just staring off into the distance.

-Justin Kane-
"... That's what I'm afraid of."

Kaylie looked at him with a slightly puzzled look.  She knelt down and placed a hand on his shoulder.

-Kaylie Steel-
"What's wrong with that?  Or is it your med's kicking in?"

Justin shook his head.

-Justin Kane-
"No... it's not that.  Just, you know who will be waiting for me if I win Sole Survivor."

Kaylie shakes her head slightly as she almost chuckled.

-Kaylie Steel-
"Oh, him.  Well, first of all you don't even know if he'll still have the belt by then.  He IS defending it at the same Pay-per-view you know."

Justin nods.

-Justin Kane-
"I know... But they could make it a triple threat match."

Kaylie couldn't help rolling her eyes, but she still did her best to remain supportive for her friend.

-Kaylie Steel-
"And what about all that talk you did about wanting him to be who you took the title from hmm?  Not changing your mind now, are you?"

Justin took a moment as he shakes his head.

-Justin Kane-
"I don't know... maybe your right, and these meds are kicking in.  But, I just can't stop thinking about the last time me and him faced.  That match was brutal and I ended up on injury because of him... and he walked away with the prize.  Now, I feel so out of shape that he'll just crush me harder than what he did last time."

Justin absentmindedly rubbed his rib cage as he thought about what happened last time.  Kaylie gives him a comforting pat on the back as he stares off into the distance for a moment.

-Kaylie Steel-
"I told you that you'll be ready in time for Sole Survivor.  After that, we'll be working hard in order to make sure that you were ready to take on Jack Michaels again."

Justin couldn't help but smile at his friend for helping him.  He turns to look at her and gives her a nod.

-Justin Kane-
"You're right.... and Kaylie... thanks for being here for me."

Kaylie nods her own head as she returns his smile.

-Kaylie Steel-
"Any time."

-S.E.N.T.R.Y.-
"Snap out of it Kane."

Justin was brought back out of his thoughts as he realized he had stopped doing his sit-ups as he was just staring up at the ceiling. Some tears formed in his eyes thanks to the memory. Justin lightly shook his head as he wiped the tears from his eyes with his hand, which only caused them to burn slightly thanks to the sweat that got on them thanks to them being previously crossed on his chest.  He grimaced slightly as Sentry just looks at him almost annoyed as she gets up and grabs Justin's towel before tossing it over to him.  Justin muttered thanks before clearing his eyes of the tears and accidently sweat.  When he finished he looked up to see Sentry towering over him.

-Justin Kane-
"Sorry, just... was thinking of an old memory."

Sentry looks at him before shaking his head.  As she squatted down and held his legs again.

-S.E.N.T.R.Y.-
"Fine... now get back to work.  You still have a few more sit-ups to go."

Justin nodded as he got back to work but it was about then that Jessica had come over, having noticed the situation.

-Jessica Summers-
"What memory?"

Justin glanced over to Jessica but didn't stop his sit-ups.

-Justin Kane-
"It's... nothing really."

It was a lie of course to an extent, but he knew what his new trainer would say had he brought it up.  He needs to focus on one match at a time.  And what triggered the memory, well, he wouldn't be set to face him until the finals.  Assuming they both made it that far.

-S.E.N.T.R.Y.-
"You day dreaming again?"

Justin was snapped from his thoughts again as it seemed he had a slight glazed over look in his eyes.

-Justin Kane-
"Sorry..."

-S.E.N.T.R.Y.-
"Don't be sorry.  Just focus."

Jessica was still on the side of the ring looking in with a concerned expression.

-Jessica Summers-
"Maybe... he needs to get it off his chest?"

Justin shakes his head.

-Justin Kane-
"Really... I'm fine."

-Jessica Summers-
"Are you sure?  I mean the doctor said..."

-Justin Kane-
"I know what the doctor said."

Justin said having looked over to Jessica.  Jessica gave a sigh as she nodded.

-Jessica Summers-
"All right.  But, just know you can still speak to either of us."

Justin wasn't sure about that as he glanced over to Sentry whose facial expression made it clear that she was here to focus on his physical training and nothing more.  Jessica caught the glance and nodded back.

-Jessica Summers-
"Ok ok... you can talk to me about it anyways."

Justin nods in return.

-Justin Kane-
"Thanks... but really, I just need to focus on one match at a time.  The other thing... we'll get to that when it's time."

Jessica nods as she understood.

-Jessica Summers-
"Ok."

She said before heading back to her slight cleaning.  Justin watched her go before Sentry cleared her throat to remind him to get back to work.  Justin nods as he does just that and continues on his sit-ups.  One thing at a time, he told himself, it'll be time for Jack later.

The scene begins with the shot of a large black gateway.  The gateway was stylized with various spikes and a few torches to showing its more gothic design.  But front and center of this gateway was the words, Round 2.

-Thunder Dragon-
"It's nearly that time again."

Thunder's voice came from off camera but it wasn't long before he walked into the frame, walking close to the gate as he wore his trademark black hoodie with a red Dragon logo on the center of it.  To complete the ensemble, he had a pair of blue jeans and wrestling boots.  His hood was up as it usually was at the beginning of these things, as there was a slight smirk on his face.  When Thunder reached the center of the gate way though he stops as he turns around to face the camera.

-Thunder Dragon-
"Round 2 of the Monarchy of Anarchy tournament is nearly here and boy has it felt like an eternity waiting on it.  After all, my round 1 match was in the 2nd set of round one matches and with the bi-weekly format of the shows, I just found myself waiting and waiting... and waiting."

Thunder smirks slightly before chuckling.

-Thunder Dragon-
"But enough of all that.  It's finally time for me to step into the ring again and boy am I looking forward to this one.  I mean, my first match, was something wasn't it?  I mean there I was, staring down that beast known as Raab and boy was he intimidating.  Seriously, you seen all the blows I hit on the guy JUST to finally do something to him.  The guy was like a huge elephant with its power and sheer bulk.  And when he got tired of my feeble attempts he got to work on me and... let's just say it was painful."

Thunder rubbed his back slightly at the thought of it.

-Thunder Dragon-
"Yeah, Lord Raab power was as real as I knew it would be.  But I also told you exactly what would happen, didn't I?  I told you that I had heart... I had determination! And you all saw what happens when that Unmovable mountain meant this unstoppable force!  For he struck me down, again and again, but I got back up each time.  I refused to give in even though my body literally begged me to stop and roll over. But I wouldn't let it.  And in the end, I found a way to win. Just like I said I would."

Thunder nods to the camera as a grin spreads on his face.

-Thunder Dragon-
"Those are the matches I live for.  When all hope seems loss, and I push through until I overcome the odds.  I wasn't supposed to walk out of that match the winner.  But I did.  And now, after weeks away from this sport, keeping my training up in preparation for my next match, it’s time to step back into that ring once more, this time against Harry Hampton."

Thunder smiles as he anticipates his next challenge.

-Thunder Dragon-
"Now, unlike myself, Harry's not been away from the ring since his round 1 match. In fact, he's been quite busy taking on the World Champion, Melody Lenox, for the title.  Very ambitious for someone with nearly double the amount of losses as he's got wins.  Yet, I sit there and watch the match, and even his next match against the same woman in a tag match, and each time was the same results... Him getting pinned by Melody.  Don't get me wrong, I admire the courage and standing up for what you believe in.  After all you think Melody's the wrong person to hold the Carnage World title, then more power to you in taking the belt from her.  Yet, after seeing what went down in your last two matches, I have to ask... are you sure you're up to such a task?"

Thunder asked the question as he places his hands inside the front pocket of his hoodie.  Yet there wasn't any malice in his words, nor was he trying to bring him down.

-Thunder Dragon-
"I mean, you took your shot, and failed... twice.  But don't take this the wrong way Harry.  I simply want you to take a look at yourself and ask yourself that very question.  Are you truly ready to face Lenox?  Because if you're not... then I need you to get fired up.  Even if you are, I need you to dig down deep inside of yourself and SHOW me that you are ready to beat Lenox!"

Thunder's eyes were now burning with passion as he continued to speak.

-Thunder Dragon-
"What I seen before, it isn't going to cut it for a match against the champion and this tournament?  It's your last chance for a while to take the championship away from Lenox.  So, use that fire and passion.  Come at me with everything you have as I AM in your way of your goals.  Let that sink in.  Marinate on it and let it consume you.  Because I NEED you at your best Harry.  I need you to come at me like everything is on the line, because in a way, it is."

Thunder again nods as the excitement of seeing a fired-up Harry Hampton in the ring against him.  A smirk crosses his face as he addresses the next point.

-Thunder Dragon-
"But why am I even saying all of this? I mean I'm your opponent, right?  I should be talking smack and wanting to just kick your bum so I can move on, not get you amped up.  After all I have my own goals too.  As I mentioned last time, I am fighting in this tournament for someone who meant something to me but is no longer with us.  On top of that, we have a similar goal, as this tournament also gives me an opportunity to come face to face with someone who I have lost to before.  Someone who, in my book, is just as skilled as the Carnage champ herself.  Even more so if you count the fact he's a DOUBLE champion in this federation.  It should be obvious of who I'm talking about.  But, I'm talking about Jack Michaels."

The name causes a slight grin to appear on Thunder's face.  He was both excited and yet scared to face him again.  His hands slightly trembles, but thankfully they were still inside his jacket pocket so it would probably go unnoticed.

-Thunder Dragon-
"But that's not until the finals... With Jack's skills, I am confident that he WILL make it there.  So, I just have to make sure that I am there waiting for him.  But until then, my focus is on you."

Thunder stares into the camera to show his focus.

-Thunder Dragon-
"Of course, that doesn't exactly answer my question now does it.  I mean, why would I want you at your best when I want to make it to Jack in the finals?  Well, it all comes back to what I asked you... am I ready?  After all I can say it in my head over and over again that I am ready to face Jack, yet how can I really know for sure if I'm not pushing myself with these matches leading up to our rematch?  Sure, my match against Raab was brutal, but then I get through the next round because you were on an off day after experiencing two losses to the one you wish to defeat?  No, I won't have that.  I need you to take that frustration of losing to Lenox and bring it into out match.  Make me WORK for my victory."

Thunder nods as he continued to say what he must in order to build Harry up.

-Thunder Dragon-
"But don't lose your focus.  Remember you have to get through me in order to get what you want, just as I need to get through you to get to my goal.  And if you're too busy focused on Lenox, then you'll fail.  If you have too, see me as Lenox.  I don't think I have access to a wig or massacre like you do... so just the long hair will have to do."

Thunder chuckled slightly before returning to his serious nature.

-Thunder Dragon-
"Just do whatever it takes to give me the best match in your entire career.  Because you WILL need it as I will be coming at you with full force.  So..."

Thunder smirks as he throws his hood back.

-Thunder Dragon-
"Prepare for the BOOM!"

Thunder smirks as he turns around and passes through the gate way.  The camera pans past this as it looks at the road, and its destination... the Monarchy of Anarchy PPV.

Thunder Dragon Vs Harry Hampton FyQPYnv

Next RP in Full Timeline: https://jokaverse.forumotion.com/t524-maya-unplugged
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum