JoKaVerse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JCKane
JCKane
Admin
https://jokaverse.forumotion.com

Maya Jensen Vs The Shadow Empty Maya Jensen Vs The Shadow

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Seated in one of the examinations rooms in a Albany, New York Hospital was one Maya Jensen.  She sat on the examination table as she let her feet sway back and forth as she waited.  Waited for the latest results on her check up.  But this wasn’t a routine physical, no.  For Maya was getting her eyes checked on to see if there was any signs of improvement.  But as she sat there multiple things continued to plague her.  She was having a hard time keeping these emotions from her face.  But she had to try, after all she wasn’t alone in the room.

-Annabelle Jackson-
"Come on Maya, think positive.  You have to believe that you’ll be given a good report."

Maya continues to stare forward.  Seemed she had let some of her mask slip.  At least Annabelle seen it as nothing more than just nerves.

-Maya Jensen-
"I know, I know.  Just, wish the doctor’s wouldn’t take so long.  All this waiting is making me nervous."

Maya chuckles lightly but it wasn’t completely true.  She didn’t like being alone with her thoughts. For when she was alone, her thoughts began to plague her.  Sometimes she can fight them off, but other times…

-Annabelle Jackson-
"They’re just being thorough."

Maya nods her head, almost glad for this momentary distraction.

-Maya Jensen-
"Yeah.  And you’re right.  I gotta think positive.  Like, can you imagine if I’m on the verge of recovering my sight?  It’d be like a Christmas Miracle!"

Annabelle shakes her head and nearly laughs.

-Annabelle Jackson-
"Christmas Miracle?  Wouldn’t you want it sooner than that?"

Maya thought about it at least pretended too.  She let herself get caught up in the moment.

-Maya Jensen-
"It IS the Christmas Season, so I’m sure I can still call it that, if my sight returns in time for the Pay-per-views."

Maya chuckles as she said that.  She thought it was strange how both High Stakes Wrestling and Championship Wrestling Federation had a PPV happening on the same weekend.  But not only was it Winter themed but both were happening in the exact same town.

-Annabelle Jackson-
"Oh I could see the looks on your opponents faces."

Annabelle laughs along with Maya but it was half hearted for Maya.  She knew one of her opponents in HSW believed she was faking being blind.  That wouldn’t go over well.  But Annabelle brings up a different point.

-Annabelle Jackson-
"All though, you think they’d change your Frozen Over match?"

Maya shrugs her shoulders as the moment was fading and her mind was starting to catch back up to her.

-Maya Jensen-
"I doubt it.  Jaiden Rishel seems pretty adamant to getting rid of me.  Well, maybe not that adamant.  I mean he just sort of sprung the tag title match on us."

-Annabelle Jackson-
"You two did deserve it.  You and Mizore were great in the Monster’s Mash Match, and you should of been put into the match when the Danger Boiz’s defended their title in the first place."

Again Maya shrugs as her mind begins to go to that place again.  But she had to shake it.

-Maya Jensen-
"Maybe.  But it doesn’t really matter now.  Mizore left CWF, which I couldn’t be happier."

Which wasn’t a lie at all.  Maya was glad that Mizore was out of harm’s way from that Monster Elisha.  Sure the man himself had entered the HSW Sole Survivor match.  A match that would give him a shot at Mizore herself if he won.  But Maya was going to keep that from happening.  And once she succeeded in that, she wouldn’t have to worry about Mizore being in danger of that mad man ever again.

-Maya Jensen-
"Which means I’m without a tag partner.  Didn’t think I’d was going to have a Frozen Over match at all until that invitation showed up."

Which Maya had been contemplating on rather it was a good thing or not.  She had more important matches in HSW.  Granted, she’s only recently decided she was just going to forfeit the Women’s Title match, but she still had Sole Survivor and removing Elisha from that was top on her list.  But she didn’t want to show weakness.  She had to remain strong.

-Annabelle Jackson-
"Oh, I’m sure I’d of gotten you a match for Frozen Over.  Maybe even that Ladder match.  Main Eventing the first round of the War Games tournament, and winning will sure to turn some heads."

-Maya Jensen-
"Yeah it sure…"

But Maya stopped as she heard the door opening up. It was time to know how her eyes were progressing.  Which only made her more apprehensive as she couldn’t see the doctor’s faces to tell just what mood they were in.

-Doctor-
"Well, Maya we got the results back."

Maya heard the slight ruffle of a page being moved around.  She frowns wanting to know what it was.

-Maya Jensen-
"So, how are my eyes doing?  Any chance of a Christmas Miracle?"

Maya smiled some what from the remark from earlier but it was half hearted.  But there wasn’t a reply.  That caused her nerves to jump even higher.

-Maya Jensen-
"What is it?"

More silence, it was getting unbearable.

-Maya Jensen-
"Come on doc, say something."

Finally, the doctor cleared his throat before beginning to speak.  Maya mentally prepared herself.

-Doctor-
"Well, they’re getting worse."

-Maya Jensen-
"Worse?  What do you mean worse?  I already can’t see a thing.  What could possibly be worse than that?"

Maya’s fears were growing.  Would she lose the actual eye balls?  Some kind of cancer?  All the worse case scenario’s playing at Maya’s brain.  But the doctor holds up his hands.  As he began to speak he used the technical terms to describe what was happening to her eyes.  But Maya was just more confused, she did’t quite understand.  So the doctor clarified.

-Doctor-
"In short, it means that after the Doctor’s in France cleared the stuff from your eyes, your eyes were bad but they didn’t know which way it would go.  Your eyes could have began to recover, stayed at that point, or continued to deteriorate.  We’ve been monitoring them and it would seem your eyes have gotten worse since the last time.  Since it’s going in the opposite direction that it should be… it means that the chance of recovery, is gone."

Maya froze. Her mind in near shock as what the doctor said seeped in.  That couldn’t be it.  It just couldn’t.  She needed to see.  She HAD to see!  Maya mind went a little frantic but she resisted the urge to rub her eyes until the inky black cleared from her vision.  Because she knew it would be no use.  It was impossible.  Maya was on the verge of tears as another thought crossed through her… she’d never be able to see Mizore’s face again.  This time, it was for sure.

-Doctor-
"I’m really sorry Maya.  But at least now that you know, you can make the decision that’s best for you."

That surprised Maya.  What exactly did he mean by that?

-Maya Jensen-
"I don’t follow?"

There was another slight silence.  Thankfully it wasn’t to long.

-Doctor-
"I know that you have been keeping up with your three wrestling federations.  Still taking on matches, congrats on your win against Kaylan Lupis in LAW by the way."

Maya gave a slight nod of appreciation but it was only half hearted.

-Doctor-
"I’ve been under the impression that you’ve only been continuing these matches because you believed there was a chance your eye sight would return.  Keep on a brave face after all.  Maybe you thought it would only last a few weeks or even months.  But the fact is, Maya, you’re eye sight will never return.  Everyone appreciates your efforts, but sooner or later, you’re going to get hurt."

Maya wasn’t sure how she felt about that.  She heard the same lines before.  She could get hurt and even then, she refused to give up.  But what if the doctor was right?  Maybe she was holding on to a glimmer of hope that her eyes sight would return.

-Maya Jensen-
"But, I’ve been in training."

Was that line more to herself or to the doctor?  She wasn’t even sure any more.

-Doctor-
"And it shows, Maya.  You’ve won three matches since you’ve lost your sight.  Two of them were in tag team competition as you were the one to pick up the win in both of them.  You are a skilled athlete Maya but training will only get you so far."

Part of Maya wanted to just agree with the doctor.  That part of her had been wanting her to give up for as far back as she could remember.  But she always put that feeling down as she pressed on.  But this was different.  She wasn’t battling back insults or people seeing her as a no body.  She was Blind, a physical handicap.  Not only was she in danger of herself, but to anyone else who was in the ring with her. Like Mizore….  But there was the other part of her.  The part that didn’t want to give up.  She wanted so much to succeed.

-Maya Jensen-
"What if I got more training?  Pushed myself, training my hearing and senses.  I’m not the only blind athlete after all."

The doctor nodded as he seemed to mused on it a bit.

-Doctor-
"It is true.  In fact there’s even leagues for blind wrestling.  Though mat wrestling, not ring wrestling like you."

-Maya Jensen-
"But it is possible.  I’ve already shown it’s possible. And if I can focus all my efforts on training, I’m sure I could get Daredevil like skills."

The doctor chuckled.

-Doctor-
"Daredevil is a fictional character Maya.  Plus, he had the advantage of having his senses magnified by the toxic waste that blinded him."

Maya frowned slightly. He was right.

-Doctor-
"Regardless of all that.  It’s really up to you. Truth be told, I’d love if you could get to that level of skill.  You’d be an inspiration to many.  But it’s not something that will happen over night.  In fact, you could very well get an even worse injury while completing I the ring until then."

Maya gives a nod.

-Maya Jensen-
"I understand… But, I can’t stop my matches now.  I have to stop Elisha from getting to Mizore in HSW… and I can’t just back down after I accepted the challenge from The Shadow."

-Doctor-
"I don’t remember any public acceptance of The Shadow’s challenge."

He had her there, and still a part of her mind told Maya to just give it up.  But Maya pushed that thought down.

-Maya Jensen-
"I didn’t exactly say no either. Not to mention it’s on the card.  If I back out now.. what would that show people?"

The doctor nods in understanding.

-Doctor-
"Very well.  You can have your one last match.  But after that, I’d suggest you do leave until you our fully trained."

Maya nodded. She understood.

-Maya Jensen-
"I will.  Thanks Doctor."

-Doctor-
"I just hope you know what you’re doing."

The doctor said before he left the room.  Maya just sat there a moment as she too wondered just that.  That was until the click-clack sounds of Annabelle texting caught Maya’s attention.

-Maya Jensen-
"Who are you texting?"

-Annabelle Jackson-
"CWF, letting them know to remove you from the War Games Tournament and of the leave of absence."

Maya nodded as she slipped off the table.

-Maya Jensen-
"I see, well, hopefully it’s not for long."

-Annabelle Jackson-
"Same.  I rather enjoy being your manager."

Maya smiled.

-Maya Jensen-
"Glad you do.  Now let’s get out of here."

Annabelle nodded as she walked over and took Maya by the hand as she lead her out.  Maya’s mind began to wander, just how long it would be.

-Maya Jensen-
"I just wanted to be normal."

The scene opens up to darkness.  But not complete darkness as four tv monitors shown through this dark well.  Each had static and each casting an eerie glow in the room.  This is all we see for a moment as the static of each TV crackled.  Soon, Maya Jensen steps into the room.  She’s bathed in the light from the TV’s.  Her white Jacket helping her pop a little more. But the darkness of her shirt and pants blended into the otherwise dark backgrounds.  She turns towards the camera, her green mask crossed over her eyes as she just looked straight ahead.

-Maya Jensen-
"That’s all I’ve ever wanted.  To be a normal girl.  I wanted to fit in, have friends, actually belong somewhere…But… that doesn’t seem possible."

Maya lowers her head as the TV in the top corner flickered before showing new video feed. This feed showed the endings of Maya’s first four matches in the CWF on a loop.  When Maya began to speak again, a dark shadows began to come in from the edges of the screen.

-Maya Jensen-
"When I first got here, things seemed promising.  I was the new girl and I was turning heads.  Won my first four matches and things were going well.  I was confident and I felt that this was a place that maybe I really could fit in.  They didn’t know about my past after all. They didn’t know what I had done, but, it didn’t take long for it to catch up to me…"

The shadow’s going across the TV monitor continued to grow until the entire screen was covered in it.  The monitor suddenly fizzled and sparked before going out of commission.  Suddenly, the bottom right corner flickered before changing to the Monster’s mash at Hellbound.  It showed looped through various highlights of the match, always ending with Maya’s crash from the ladder to the Danger Boiz getting their three count.  Just like the first, shadows began to creep along the edges of the monitor

-Maya Jensen-
"Am I saying I can only be happy if I’m winning?  Of course not.  I don’t need to go into a winning streak to feel like I’m relevant.  But that night was just the final straw after a failing so many times to get the job done.  Even standing before you now, I have yet to have gotten ahold of a championship in any federation.  But that night, I couldn’t keep the darkness out.  I let it control my thoughts and actions for days before I was finally able to get it back under control.  I got my confidence back.  But that confidence was short lived…"

The darkness over took the second screen. Another fizzle and spark and another light source was gone.  The screen on the bottom right flickered before showing Maya’s match with Elisha.  How she had him in the 18 Waves of Pain before the eye jab.  It looped through the ending and Maya on the mat, trying to clear her eyes of the containment in vain.  It too, the dark shadow’s began to over take it as well.

-Maya Jensen-
"Then it happened.  I wasn’t prepared for it.  I heard the stories, got the warnings but to me, he was just another person for me to beat.  I was confident ready to get back int eh saddle.  I wasn’t going to back down form a fight.   And it costed it.  My confidence costed me my sight. So now, All I see is darkness."

This one went quicker than the others as soon it too completely faded into black.  It fizzled and sparked before only one monitor was left.  One final light in the area.  It flicked just like the rest and just like the rest it showed a feedback loop.  This time, we see Maya’s most recent accomplishments.  Her win with Ataxia against the newest members of The Eternals and Her win against The Danger Boiz looped through highlights of Maya’s part.  Each ending with her picking up the pinfall.  Yet, the last one did not escape the same fate as the rest, as the darkness begins to fill the monitor from eh corners.

-Maya Jensen-
"I fought through it though.  I wasn’t going to let this handicap keep me down.  For I’m a fighter. I take up the challenge and push on through.  I defeated people bigger than me.  I’ve won matches where I’ve been counted out, and this new handicap will be no different.  In fact you’ve seen the matches, You seen me out there with Ataxia as I was the one who took out the semi-fresh RM Strong.  It was me who saved my Girlfriend despite it was IMPOSSIBLE! For someone like me to do.  Was it challenging, OF COURSE IT WAS!  But that didn’t stop me."

The black on the monitor was nearly finished leaving still traces of light in the scene.  Maya was fired up but… was she?

-Maya Jensen-
"That’s what it looks like… but even then… they don’t really know, that’s just the tip of the iceberg."

The monitor finished fading away.  With a fizzle and spark the final light in the room went out.  Nothing remained but complete darkness.  Yet, Maya continued to speak.

-Maya Jensen-
"Welcome to my world…"

There was nothing.  Nothing but an empty void.

-Maya Jensen-
"This is what I find myself in daily. Not just since I’ve lost my sight… as it’s only amplified the issues.   I long to see the light.  But it can’t be had.  The thoughts continued to swarm my head.  The doubt, the fear, the confusion.  It’s all there and it’s something I battle on a daily bases.   People think they know me… they don’t.  Not really."

The sound stopped leaving nothing in this world.  But it was only for a moment as again Maya continued to speak. Her voice being the only proof that there was even anything there.

-Maya Jensen-
"I want to be happy… but it comes and goes.  I try to latch on to those happy thoughts, but sometimes they flutter away, buried in the darkness.  Why can’t I just be NORMAL!"

Maya shouts out her emotions.  It was a struggle to keep going on.  But she had too.  She had to press on.

-Maya Jensen-
"I try and play the part of the hero.  To come in and save the day… rather it’s a friend in need… or a group of thugs trying to enforce their iron will onto a wrestling company….I help others, to make them happy… even if I can’t find joy inside my own self."

Again Maya trails off leaving the endless void on the screen.

-Maya Jensen-
"So why am I telling you all of this?  Why have I elected to let my mask drop?  I could of continued on, pretending that everything was all right.  But the truth is… I have a confession to make.  Frozen Over… Will be my last match in CWF."

More silence as Maya let’s the her words sink in.

-Maya Jensen-
"I say that, but I don’t know what the future will be.  It’s as dark as this room is now.  For I’ve found out, that my sight will not return.  A hope that I have been holding on too.  But that hope was ripped away.  And now… I just don’t know what the future will hold.  For yes, I won’t be giving up.  As I will be going out and training until I can fight just as well without my sight.  But its a long struggle.  It could take years until I’m ready.  And by then, no one will have remembered me.  Life… will just go on."

The solum words escaped from Maya’s lips.  But then, the metal tink of a lighter was heard before a small fire illuminated onto the screen.  It’s light was small but in the inky blackness around Maya, it was large.  Maya held up this fire closer to her face as it’s amber glow illuminated her features.

-Maya Jensen-
"But I’m not going out like that.  This match at Frozen Over may very well be my final wrestling match Period.  Which is why I will make sure that I go out with a bang.  One final run before I’m lost to the darkness.  And what more perfect opponent it is, than The Shadow."

There was so much symbolism in that statement, not just the name of her opponent.  Maya smiles a bit as she knew this.

-Maya Jensen-
"This man represents to me all the darkness that has been plaguing me for most of my life.  He uses that darkness as his own weapon, trying to get into people’s heads.  Perfect for my last match."

Maya continues to smirk as a light snow begins to start falling.  No wind, just snow, lightly falling around Maya and the small flame of the lighter.

-Maya Jensen-
"Don’t think I don’t remember the other parts of this match.  The Blind Winter Storm.  Mizore would of loved it… had she still been apart of it.  That doesn’t mean I’m completely out of my element.  I am a member of the Frost Elite."

Maya’s smirks at it.  Even if the truth was, the name was in two parts.  Mizore was Frost, and Maya was Elite.

-Maya Jensen-
"I know my way around the snow and ice.  But this will still be difficult for the both of us.  We’ll both be blind and slipping and sliding on the ice.  Though why he thinks that everything that will be a hinder to me won’t also effect him.  I’m not the only one who will be in the dark after all.  So those sounds that the ice will muffle, will also effect him as well.  But there’s more than one way to know where your opponent is.  Something that I’m sure you picked up on during those three months of being blind."

Maya wasn’t sure what he meant by, another life time, but it didn’t really concern her.

-Maya Jensen-
"So know this, Shadow.  You are my last opponent.  You are the one I must overcome.  And I WILL overcome you.  If I don’t… the a different kind of darkness may overtake me…and this may very well be the last time you ever see, Maya Jensen.  So Don’t Blink…."

Maya closes the lighter causing the scene to once again be bathed in darkness.

-Maya Jensen-
"Or You’ll Miss it."

Maya Jensen Vs The Shadow LvGXgaw

JCKane
JCKane
Admin
https://jokaverse.forumotion.com

Maya Jensen Vs The Shadow Empty Re: Maya Jensen Vs The Shadow

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:22 pm
Results Link: TBA

Next RP in Full Timeline: https://jokaverse.forumotion.com/t73-roller-x-in-sol-survivor
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum